Critique my E-Commerce website!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Flying Llama, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

I made this website for someone's product. What do you think?

LINK

comments on the site, as well as the product, are welcome. :)

2. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I have only taken a quick look.

The first thing I saw was the Buy Link link. I didn't know what kind of site it was, what kind of product was offered, just the Buy Now. While I do agree that it should be prominent, it should be a bit less in-your-face ihmo.

Together with the somewhat disorganized bottom part of the center column it makes it look like a scam to me.

These are just personal impressions though. You probably put a lot of time and effort into making this and I'm not trying to make you feel bad ;)

Edit: okay I've been looking at it a bit closer. I actually think the product is pretty cool. What I'd do is scrap the whole webshop thing and make it into one well designed page that puts the product in the center. Show how beautiful it is. Make the copy more about the product and less about payment and guarantees. Who bothers, it's just $7.50.

Make the page as beautiful and simple as the product and let the product sell itself. Then a simple pay with PayPal link will do.

Lastly, less text and PLEASE NO BOLD AND CAPTIAL LETTERS. ;)

3. swb1192 macrumors 6502

The ads make the website look unprofessional, and in my opinion, it makes it seem like you aren't getting enough money from your products so instead you are resorting to ads. I would recommend getting rid of them...

4. Flying Llama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Well we only have one public service ad which brings us no money, does it really give that impression?

Thanks to both of you for the input, any other advice would be amazingly appreciated!