Critique My Website created on iWeb09

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by asslet, Apr 11, 2009.

1. asslet macrumors newbie

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

here we go, im currently studying IT at uni and they are teaching us how to critique stuff... i hope im not too critical!!! sorry if i am..

1. server if quite slow. took a while to load the page..

2. intentions of the website are not initially shown. users shouldnt have to read 10 lines to know what the site does, try to implement something that is easy to understand.

3. the top menus are too crowding.. i know iWeb is quite limited with selection of menu's but maybe you could implement some sort of HTML based thing - or maybe have sub headings.

4. i like the photo section :) but the thumbnails are a tad small, make them bigger!

5. please try to keep the interface universal, it is currently changing background colours and everything else, makes it very hard to navigate.

6. i like the scrolling text idea! very cool. however, i think it would be better directly under the pictures, its a tad hard to read at the moment.

i think those are the main ones.. for the time being. ;)

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I do not like the green headers. They aren't "heavy" enough for a header in that they don't stick out.

Top menu is way too crowded. Get rid of some of those links, you should only have 4-5 max.

4. asslet thread starter macrumors newbie

Critique My Website created on iWeb09

All,

Thanks for your constructive comments all of which have been taken on board and many implemented. Thanks again..:)