Critique my work?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by yoyo5280, Sep 3, 2009.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

2. alhajis macrumors member

wow! I love everything thing... I wish i was like you. what apps are you using?

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Well rounded and certainly looks up to snuff with most anything you see today of similar style and methods.

4. usclaneyj macrumors regular

It lacks refinement, but conceptually I see a lot of promise. I think you should move forward with your portfolio. As you continue to progress and further develop an eye for detail, your work will improve exponentially.

5. bntz313 macrumors 6502

I would have to say work on your cropping of images, the one of the car/crossover is rough around the edges. others wise it's a nice start!

6. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Thanks for all the kind comments!

All of my work is done in a combo of google sketchup, gimpshop, and keynote! Very beginner tools. :D

I am making a website to showcase my work, but i'm a bit stuck in its development.

I'm waay happy that some people like my stuff! :D

Love
    Omi

7. fried-gold macrumors member

I'm not trying to be harsh here, and I know your just starting out, but you may as well have this advice from the start. I think your work is far too concerned with aesthetics. Graphics is a lot more than pretty pictures, although ultimately that is usually the end product. Don't just, jump from one image to another, trying to make your them visually appealing with gimmicky techniques in photoshop; instead why not set yourself a brief and actually work through some ideas. Use your imagination and your own creativity, and experiment with a range of techniques, not just photoshop. Also another tip look at a wide range of precedents. This will make your work more individual, and differentiate between your work and everyone else on the web who has just learnt to use photoshop. You obviously enjoy it so keep at it!