Critique Please! :)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by yoyo5280, Jun 13, 2009.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Hey everybody!

I just finished my new website/portfolio site and I would like to know your opinions...Web design is not my strong point.

Thanks!

http://daikon.co.nr

2. dvince2 macrumors 6502

dvince2

Let me forward this by saying I program... not design webpages, so consider mine an "uneducated" POV :)

Things to consider:
    On your main page... the logo "diakon + M&T photography".... I can barely read photography because of the yellow/white blur its on.

Under "Twitter"... the text is being cut of, as if the "video Photo Audio" frame is placed too high and overlapping the middle bar.

Under photos, you may want to have a seperate gallery outside of facebook... just because anyone can comment on it and say anything they want, leaving you potentially looking bad.

It looks pretty good though... look forward to seeing the final result!

3. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Thankyou!

I have had no end of troubles with the twitter thing. Shows how much real HTML I know! :) I will try to fix that

On my iMacs screen the words "photography" are fairly clear , but I should have considered that it won't always be depending on the screen settings...will see what I can do.

Yea I am looking for another way to host photos, but I don't much storage space left on my mobile me so im kinda stumped.

4. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

I would seriously consider buying a .com domain name. I'm sure you can spare less than $10 a year. :)

Other than that, the site is a bit confusing. I'm not really what I'm clicking and where I'm going.

5. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

It's very wide, something you want to keep in check. I'd say try to stay under 800-900px wide, or have a deisgn that resizes with width.

As other posters have said, I'm not really sure what I'm doing on the site. There needs to be more direction.

6. eskalation.dk macrumors member

I just looked at your audio page, i think that the large mp3 video quicktime things take up too much space :/ Why do people need the large picture of a duck when they listen to the track? Wouldn't they prefer knowing what the name of the track is? also, remove the underlines from the menu. People knows that text in a header listed like that is links.

7. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Haha, as this is just a side project...really I can't :)

Okay, will take that into consideration...
    Hmm... I don't quite know what you mean/ how to do that. As I made it I find it very easy to navigate! :)

Okay...I will remake the audio page
    and...the underlines... Okay, that was not an intentional design decision.

Thanks for the help!