Cro Mag or Crash Bandicoot?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Packersfan27, Jul 14, 2008.

?

Cro Mag or Crash Bandicoot?

1. Cro Mag Rally

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart

26 vote(s)
    78.8%
  1. Packersfan27 macrumors 6502

Hey, I was wondering what you all think is the better racing game, Cro Mag Rally or Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart.

2. mikeleeuk macrumors member

Crash all the way!

I haven't actually played Cro Mag, but the Crash Bandicoot driving games have all been great, from Crash Team Racing right through to Nitro Kart on iPhone.

I highly recommend it. ;)

3. JonboyDC macrumors regular

Krash has a more vibrant look, better sound, and a better progression of new material unlocked as you complete tasks. Notwithstanding all of that, I enjoy Cro-Mag more because the controls somehow feel more responsive to me. I just wish that Cro-Mag didn't throw you back to the start screen every time you finished a race -- those little touches like unlocking new items or courses make a game more satisfying, and Cro-Mag is definitely lacking on that score.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I haven't played either of them, however...I think Crash is a much better game. Does anyone know if i can use a gift card to purchase this?

5. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

...?

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

What a pointless post. If you want a further explanation, ask. I have played neither, however, I am basing this information on other crash games created. Your right, it doesn't mean much, but I am just sharing that I would be more inclined to buy the crash game, based soley on the fact that Crash has a good rep in my mind.

7. mullet macrumors regular

I have Crash and it's boat loads of fun. The controls are easy. The graphics and music look and sound great. The only problem with this game is that there are only 12 tracks. More tracks would be great.

~Mullet

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

That is still more than Cro-Mag which only has 9 tracks.

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

That's all fine and dandy, but you've never played either. Even assuming you're an expert at other Crash games, you're still comparing a game you haven't played (but I line of games you might be a fan of) with a game you've never played at all. That's as useful as the iTunes reviews about apps people have yet to buy.

I didn't think this needed to be spelled out. I was wrong.

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

And what are you adding to this thread at all? Atleast I am giving an opinion. All you are doing is picking fights with people.

11. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I'm not picking a fight. If you're upset by criticism, I'm sorry for that. Either way, I made my point. When I play the other 1 of the 2 games mentioned, perhaps I'll post again.

12. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Why you even posted in the first place is beyond me. Am I upset? Not at all. Either way, you made absolutely no point. Welcome to the forums :rolleyes:.

13. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Well, I haven't tried Cro Mag so I don't know how well it plays.
    Crash Bandicoot is one terrific game and looks fantastic on the iPhone!

So, there is my one sided opinion :rolleyes:

14. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Dude, your post was lame since you havent even played either on... Him posting a ? mark isnt nearly as bad.

15. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Seriously... why give an opinion on something you know nothing about? Just because previous games were decent, doesn't mean the control scheme or countless other variables couldn't make this one completely terrible.

It's this sort of stuff that is also wrecking the comments on the app store. People post good reviews for apps they think look great, but have never tried.

16. Packersfan27 thread starter macrumors 6502

This for the replies everyone!

I'm probably going to get Crash.

So with Crash you have to unlock certain things by playing and with cro-mag you simply get them all at the start? If thats the case then I'm defenently getting Crash.

17. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

The OP asked what we thought. I am sorry if none of you agree with what I have to say. Instead of attacking me, just move on now to what the thread is about.

18. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

That's fresh. I questioned your post. I didn't attack you. You through the first shot with the "what a pointless post" jab; and for good measure you threw in a patronizing "welcome to the forums."

We might all take your advice about moving on the "what the thread is about," yourself included.

So here's my take. Played about 10 minutes of each. They both seem fun. If I could pick only one, I'd pick crash.

I'm not sure if I am going to get $10 worth out of it, but then again I'm not a huge racing game fan. If you are, you might. Ciao.

19. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

not to get in the middle of a war here, but for what it's worth, i think your first post was for more worthless than krunda's :D

20. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

:rolleyes:

21. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i bought cro-mag based on its reviews.. event though its a great game, i was quite disappointed that after you finish a race (3 LONG LAPS), thats it :(

its not like a mario kart where you have to win a cup or something.. which is what i was kind of expecting..

maybe that was my fault.. but its still plays good and its very smooth too..

22. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

You bought a game for iPhone and expected depth?