crooked headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AClark, Sep 4, 2010.

1. AClark macrumors newbie

I bought an iphone 4 two weeks ago and since then I've realized that the headphone jack is crooked. The metal piece that the headphone jack sits on dips in a bit near the black band connecting the two metal parts and this causes the top of the phone to not be perfectly flat. It's hard to tell from a picture about the unflush metal parts, but I think you can see that the headphones go in crooked (all headphone I've tried go in crooked).

Is this pretty minor and I should forget about it? It works perfectly fine. Or should I return this as a cosmetic defect?

Attached Files:

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

3. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

My iPad is the same way. Just enjoy the phone.

4. Arcticguy macrumors newbie

Same problem here..

My headphone jack has the same problem.. It's very noticeable.. It works fine but I'm think it may be a problem with the motherboard... I dunno..

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

6. Arcticguy macrumors newbie

Yes, I've tried my iPod's touch ones and the same problem... I think it's a problem inside the iPhone.. maybe the motherbooard is misplaced.. Do you think this apply for the warranty?

7. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Probably not - my iPad also has a slight angle to the headphone-jack, almost identical to your iPhone (even in the same direction). I don't want to start an argument here, but maybe it's intentional??

8. Arcticguy macrumors newbie

Why would be intentional? I think its totally unsightly.. I mean, the normal thing is to be straight.. And Apple, the company with the best designs can't have these issues.. I don't know if this can be a reason to use the warranty.