Crop a video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by GFLPraxis, Jun 23, 2007.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hey guys, I've uploaded a video I recorded from my MacBook of my DS. I can't really get the MacBook camera any closer to the DS screen than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRqFYeOQkZA

On the original video, the text is very legible. On YouTube, of course, it is a lot smaller, and the text on the top screen is hard to read.

I only really need the top screen; it's a recording of a character in the game who speaks in l33t. Is there any way to crop the original video?

The original video is 640x480. When I send it to YouTube, it downsizes the whole video to 320x240. I would RATHER just grab the 320x240 pixels around the top screen of the DS and crop everything else out of the picture, instead of shrinking everything. However, when I google for cropping a video in iMovie I only get information about cropping the timeline.

Any suggestions?

2. magicjames92 macrumors regular

i can read the text but u cant crop in imovie. get final cut express for that.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how big is the original video? can u post it, maybe someone/i can crop it for you....

4. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

more then likely yes

7. Peel macrumors 6502a

Peel

To do this you'd need to scale the video up inside of a smaller format (to get back to a 1:1 pixel ratio for the crop portion) I don't recall Premiere having a video scaling feature, but it's been a long time since I've used it. I do know that After Effects can do that.

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

can u post the file somewhere? i'll crop it for you if you don't have access to these programs.