Crop in Aperture won't upload to Facebook...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by acearchie, Jun 4, 2010.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I have scanned in several images of my last day at school and wanted to upload them to Facebook.

The composition is off in quite a few so a few crops has made some of them better.

However, when I upload them to facebook the crops stick on some images but not on others.

I have attached an example of the aperture window and then the photo on facebook.

Anyone else experienced this?

Attached Files:

2. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

Make sure you are export/uploading the versions and not the masters. You can also try exporting the files to your computer and then uploading. I don't use the Facebook integration in Aperture so I can't help too much.

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Thanks for the thought,

If I did the version exports then I suppose that's a way around it.

It would mean having to redo all the pictures! Oh well!

4. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Check the option to "create a new version whenever editing a master" or something like that in the advanced preferences. Then whenever you have a cropped version you can easily export it or do whatever you want with it.

Also, not to critique your technique, but for a comment on cropping and composition, try not to cut off people's feet like you have in the picture above, it creates a subtle feeling of unease in the viewer when looking at a whole body with just the feet or hands chopped off.

5. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Yeh! My composition isn't too good. When working with the waist level finder its really hard to get the composition right so thanks for the tips.