Cropped glory in OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Belly-laughs, May 29, 2007.

1. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

Hi!

I have encountered a strange and annoying issue in OSX; Finder windows and open/save dialogues appear cropped, application documents are open but don´t show.

Here´s how it appears:

Finder:
    [​IMG]

Open dialogue:
    [​IMG]

It all happens suddenly after running for a few days. A restart resolves it, but it will happen again.

Also, it affects applications too; currently open documents show up fine but I can not see other documents I try to open. They appear open judging by toolbars and application menu in the dock – but I can not see them.

I have repaired permissions, done a disk repair from install disc, etc. All fine.

Anyone have a solution to this rather annoying bug?

Cheers!

2. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

That's a nasty bug! :D

I don't know, I'm not used to troubleshooting OSX so it's much harder for me to find a solution, I don't know, maybe you can download Onyx (free app) and run a complete maitenance script to delete all logs, application cache and etc.. It may solve your issue or it may not, but it's the best thing I can come up with, sorry for not being more helpful :)

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Sounds to me like a bad cache of some sort is to blame. Have you used any of the numerous cache cleaners out there for Mac OS X yet?

4. Belly-laughs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

Thanks guys! I´ve run OnyX, emptied caches and what not.

I won´t know for a couple of days at least if the problem is solved. If it is I owe you a big thanks. If not, you´ll hear from me again ;)

Ta!