Cropping Issue w/ Photoshop CS3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SubaruNation555, Jan 15, 2008.

1. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

I searched here and on Google and couldn't find any concrete solutions.

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.5.1 and Photoshop 10.0.1 and Bridge 2.1.1.9. Whenever I crop a photo in Photoshop it defaults the resolution to 9999 ppi and the width to .014 inches. The only way I can crop anything is using Camera RAW. Doesn't make a difference if the photo is a JPEG, RAW or PSD.

I cannot figure out what is going on and it's really driving me nuts. It only started happening after upgrading to CS3. Any suggestions?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

What is the resolution and width of the image before you crop it? Is it reasonable?
    If it is than I think the best place to ask for help is Adobe Tech Sopport. They are really good I got a replay to a question last Sunday close to midnight, I was expecting to have to wait at least until Monday afternoon.

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Do you have the resolution set to pixels/cm instead of pixels/inches?

I know resizing with a 300 Pixels/cm instead of P/Inches makes it fairly big

4. dcr macrumors member

5. SubaruNation555 thread starter macrumors 6502

The images I am working with have a resolution of 72ppi or 240ppi are a reasonable/average size in width. I will contact Adobe tomorrow, their support site seemed hard to navigate.