Crosair 8GB Ram for my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mzaferyahsi, Feb 20, 2011.

1. mzaferyahsi macrumors newbie

mzaferyahsi

Hi, I'm a software developer (C#) but also an apple fan. I'm using a Macbook Pro (MacBook Pro (Spring 2010) 15-inch with 2.66GHz Intel Core i7) and mostly running Windows on VM. That's why i need a lot of ram.

Just searched a bit and found Corsair 8GB PC8500 DDR3 1066Mhz SODIMM Memory - 2x4096MB ram for 90$ from THIS SITE. I'm planning to buy but wanted to hear your thoughts too.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Looks like pretty much every other 2x4 GB RAM kit compatible with the MBP. I don't usually buy from Tigerdirect because they spam the crap out of your e-mail, but it should be fine.

3. mzaferyahsi thread starter macrumors newbie

mzaferyahsi

another thing that I wonder is the differences between the crosair and THIS kingston :s the price is tooooo different :D

4. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

$90 is about the going rate these days and Corsair is a known company that will replace a bad stick without too much hassle, I expect.

The most common recommendations on this board are for RAM by Crucial (low instance of bad sticks) and to shop through newegg.com or macsales.com -- but your plan sounds fine too.

I suspect that the $850 item is for government agency purchases. :(