Cross Hatch Texture on Back of Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by powerbook911, Dec 9, 2015.

1. powerbook911, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I received a Pro for my work today. It's odd because 70 percent of the middle of the back aluminum has a cross hatch texture to it. You can "feel" the crosshatch, very tiny, under light it looks like a fingerprint covering 70 percent of the back of the iPad.

Even if you scratch in the middle, you can "hear" the crosshatch. It's almost like a plastic skin, but not.

Whereas towards the edges of the back, it has the aluminum smooth just like my personal Pro has on the entire back.

Does anyone else have this cross hatch texture? It's very odd, but won't bother my company.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Pictures. Try to get a light to reflect off the back showing this texture.

Mine has no texture.

3. genomez macrumors member

Mine has no texture either. Did your work get some custom engraving perhaps that makes it different?

4. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Nope it's your standard pro. It's quite odd since it covers most but not all of the back. I guess it's just a variance in manufacturing. I wouldn't keep it if my own personal one though.

5. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

6. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I'm going to try again but I highly doubt it will show up. You notice it by feel and then if you look you can see it.

7. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

Are you sure it's not just brushed aluminium? Mine looks almost exactly like my iPhone 6's back.