Cross platform, DRM free games: pay what you want!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mobilehaathi, May 4, 2010.

1. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Check out the humble indie bundle. They are offering 5 games DRM free for whatever price you want to pay. Part of your payment is also donated to EFF and Child's Play charities. Check it out.

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Thanks for sharing this! I love these little deals. I just bought the bundle and told several friends about it.

3. Tesseract macrumors regular

Tesseract

Thanks for the info! I already own and have played Aquaria. A terrific Metroid-esque game. Bought the whole pack just now though, to support the developers.

4. Ack macrumors member

Bump. This is the last day to buy. It's a really awesome promotion. Set the purchase price to whatever you want (even $0.01 if you're that heartless) and you own licenses to play all 5 games on any PC, Mac, or Linux computers you own. It's totally DRM free and some of the proceeds go to charity.

I recommend that everyone pick this up while it's still available!

5. Jomskylark macrumors regular

Actually there's six games now, a developer donated his/her game.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That game looks great... if I played games on my computer... I would seriously consider it (I only play handheld games though -- iPhone or DS).

It's a nice looking bundle.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

World of Goo rocks, I play it on the Wii and am anxiously awaiting the iPhone version. It's usually $20 and is available for $12 boxed from Amazon, and I have been eyeing it.

One more bundle sold!

B

8. seitou macrumors newbie

I just donated $10..being a poor student its a pretty generous sum for me:) I really think things like these are great. Makes you feel good for being able to help whilst being able to benefit from it personally as well.

This is my first experience with paying for indie developed games. The only game in that bundle i've heard of is World of Goo. This should be interesting.

9. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

I only had $1.01 left on my Visa giftcard– I feel like a jerk for paying so little, but I don't have a credit card of my own.

It's nice to see they've raised more than 2/3 of a million dollars, though.

Also! Mac users donated more on average than Windows users! YESSS . . . but average Linux users donated more than us :( I'm sure my $1.01 won't exactly help, either.

10. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

The really disgusting thing is that they are estimating that even with the possibility of paying $0.01 for the bundle, 25% of downloads *from their site* are pirated.

Anyone who is doing that is pure and simple scum - there is no excuse for doing that! They are *personally* responsible for the Ubisoft DRM, and they are *personally* responsible for any game originally targeted at PC that shifted to consoles and also any game that was poorly ported. Thanks, scumbags!

11. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Don't know about the others, but World of Goo is awesome.