Cross platform Evernote alternative?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Fernandez21, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Hey guys, looking to replace Evernote, so far I haven't really found anything except OneNote, but I'm not a fan of the ui. What I'm looking for is a note taking program that will sync with my iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and Android phone. That has automatic geotagging, Apple Pencil/spen support, photos, and search (including hand written notes). Does this app even exist? Thanks.

Also, I don't mind paying for a good app, but I really hate subscription payments, main reason I'm dropping Evernote.

2. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I don't know if it has search, but doesn't Keep have a lot of that?

3. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

It has some, but not all. No Apple Pencil/spen support, no geotagging, and no Mac app, though I could go on the website, I prefer an app. So far it looks like OneNote is the only one that has the features I need, hopefully they'll work on the ui.

4. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Doesn't it have one of those Google Chrome apps that has a window and can look just like a normal app as long as you let Chrome run in the background?

5. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Maybe, but I don't use chrome.

6. Easttime macrumors 6502

What don't you you like about OneNote? I far prefer it to EN.

7. Fernandez21 thread starter macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Don't like the user interface, prefer Evernote's. But it looks like I'll have to get used to Microsoft's, as I haven't been able to find anything with all those features.

8. ozaz macrumors 65816

I really like OneNote on desktop for work-related notes. I like the better formatting options and more traditional notebook organisation that OneNote provides for these types of notes.

But I find OneNote pretty slow and clunky on mobile (in particular, search). I prefer Evernote on mobile.