Cross trainer with Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacLilja, Jul 21, 2015.

1. MacLilja macrumors regular

When I do a workout on a crosstrainer the distance in Apple Watch is much shorter than on the machine. Can I correct this?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you hav walked with you phone on GPS it will help calibrate your watch but you will still find differences between the two.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

A Crosstrainer machine is a type of elliptical. If you are using an elliptical you need to have Workout set to Elliptical.

4. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

the GPS does not come into play on a cross trainer. It comes down to the measurements Apple uses vs what the machine is using. I has a similar issue on the treadmill with a Fitbit. The way I solved the problem was to take my fitbit watch and into lace it on my shoe. So i counted / tracked more accurately. Unfortunately the AW requires turning off wrist detection, disabling ApplePay and the passcode feature in order for attaching the watch to you shoe lace to work.

It would be smart if if someone made a companion device similar to what Nike had for your show and bluetooth relay it to your watch or health app.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try wearing the watch on your ankle?

6. MacLilja thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think I want to have it on my foot when Inwork out :)

7. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

actually we might be on to something here... take off the wrist bands and if you can make something like a sweat band to hold the watch in and expose the back to your skin you pretty much trick the watch into thinking its on your wrist and keep it protected.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, I have thin ankles, so I can strap my watch onto my ankle using the last hole on the sports band. I'm thinking many people might be able to do it wth the leather loop. If you are worried about protecting the watch, just use one of the many third party protective cases.