Crossgrade Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew07, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

I'm on a family plan but my number isn't eligible for an upgrade yet. My mother is on the plan with us and her number is eligible for an upgrade. Here's the tricky part though...Over the summer I went to an AT&T store and got her an upgraded flip phone. For whatever reason the kid in the store used my iPhone phone number to renew her contract instead of using my mother's telephone number (I found this out last week when I called At&T). Since we're all on a family plan together can I use her phone number to upgrade to the new iPhone? This isn't something I can do online is it? My lunch break isn't for 5 more hours so I'm quite anxious :eek: that the first batch of iPhones may be sold out at the AT&T store

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You could just do the upgrade using her number but they will want you to do a iPhone plan instead of her flip phone plan.

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Check this thread out: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1241756&highlight=

:)

----------

Yep, but once he gets the phone and swaps the SIMs out he can just drop the data plan from her line.