Crossing the [photo] streams?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by CoffeeMonkey, Oct 15, 2011.

1. CoffeeMonkey macrumors regular

I almost have this iCloud thing figured out (I think) but PhotoStream is elusive.

My family has a long-standing iTunes Store account that we've used for all of our purchases and our home-sharing. We enter that in Settings>Store on both of our iPhones.

We each have our own iCloud accounts.

What I'd like to do is to be able to funnel Photostream photos from both of our phones to the iPad that we share.

Is there a way to do that?

2. flatfoot99 Guest

you will have to have 3 icloud @me addresses. One for both of you to share as your main icloud account and then 1 for each of you in your secondary icloud accounts for other features that you dont want to share. Turn off all the items in the main icloud account except photostream (or whatever else you want to share) and then enable whatever each of you want seperately on your own devices in each of your secondary accounts.

If that doesnt make sense, check with dhy836 in the above sticky who came up with this trick.

I hope apple allows a simpler option in the future...