Crossline Mc-1 aluminum case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kaikai830, Jan 3, 2011.

1. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Just received my case today. I like the style of this case, it also protect the back of the phone unlike the bumber style of all the previous aluminum cases that I've bought. The fit and finish is great and so far no reception or Gps issue.
    Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

very different from the others, thats for sure....but do not like at all. Thanks for sharing the pics though.

3. kaikai830 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah I figure that a lot of people not going to like this case, But I like it because it remind me of the first case i bought for my phone the Switcheasy Nude case.

4. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

how is it mounted together. is there a silicone layer in the inside of the case? maybe a pic of the case without the phone?

5. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Wow I actually really like this if it were like a black chrome finish or a different colour. Is there a layer inside for scratch protection? And also how do you put it on? I like how theres no screws involved... (I think there are none anywyas)

6. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Not my style case. But it looks like it's a tray design with a "clamp" that mounts at the the top, and it appears the screws are out in these pics.

7. kaikai830 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it hold the phone in place with the extra piece on top. It's tighten with 2 tiny screws on each side and the whole inside is line with some type of foam so your phone won't scratch or touch the metal. actually I don't even use the top piece because I had my phone installed with the Bodyguardz whole body kit and it fit very tight in the case.
    As for the performance, so far signal and gps is perfect . I think it's the best performing aluminum case that i had bought .

Attached Files:

8. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i like the design, seems like there is a lot of spaces for dust and dirt to get in. interesting though, not many cases out there with that type of design and it being made of aluminum also adds to its one of a kind features.

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I do agree. Definitely different. Not a fan of this though, I do like the bumper style alumium cases better.

10. RenoG macrumors 65816

Ehhh nahhh, looks to Sardine can like for me.

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

+1

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Haha true!

13. kaikai830 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol, well it does look a little like it. Anyway after using it for a couple of days I switched back to the Blade. I like the look of the Blade better but this case's performance is terrific. No signal loss or Gps issue whatsoever. I don't see any loss in reception and Gps is very accurate.

14. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

15. kaikai830 thread starter macrumors 6502

I bought mine on ebay but I guess they don't have it anymore. I just googled and found this site that have it and for around the same price that I paid.

http://www.pandamimi.com/apple-i-all.html?keywords=crossline+mc-1

I see that they have the same case for two different prices. I don't know what's the difference. Maybe you can email them and ask.

16. beatleslove macrumors newbie

The material is different, one is metal while the other one is Aluminum.

17. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol.

18. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

It's an awesome case, but not my look at all. Looks like a deathtrap with that clamp thing :D

19. Conport macrumors newbie

It looks to be a stamped aluminum case from China. Stamped cases cost less to make then the CNC aluminum cases from Element and the like. So why is this $60?

Compared with other aluminum cases it'll be thinner then the usual aluminum cases.

20. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Looks like something made in middle school shop class.

21. fireballer55 macrumors member

22. waterbeds macrumors newbie

I have been searching for an aluminum case and considering this mc-1 case, but i also came across these monaco iphone aluminum case, anyone have any experience with monaco? i dont know how i like that its built on a hinge any insight would be cool, either way im happy to see irl pictures of the mc1...:apple:

23. lazybee macrumors member

Wow! A blast from the past.. I bought a monaco aluminum case with one of the early gen ipod classics. Loved it. Well built, well packaged. Lasted for a very long time and kept the classic in mint condition. I never remembered the name of the company until looking at that page..I still have their packaging. lol.

I think they are worth a try. I can't speak for this case specifically, but it looks like it is built around sound principles. Their quality is good, the only nagging issue might be the clasp. The one on the classic, and another for a nano, both had slightly weak clasps. If you bend it in slightly beyond the norm however, it will be a good solid fit. (This is unless they changed it dramatically -- the photos look similar)

24. silverbemr macrumors newbie

Case

So did you continue to use the case? I'm thinking about getting that case myself and you are the only person I see who has done a review on it. Was there anything you didn't like about it? Thanks.

25. kaikai830 thread starter macrumors 6502

I gave the case away awhile ago. But it's a very nice case,thin and light with no signal loss or GPS issue whatsoever. The only thing that I didn't like about the case was the top metal piece that hold the phone in place . I like how it looks better without it.