Crossover 8.0 won't run programs

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AndrewVenner, Jul 29, 2009.

1. AndrewVenner macrumors member

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but I couldn't find a thread anywhere.

There is lots of coverage regarding how to install software on crossover, but there is nothing that i can find regarding programs that require you simply to run them, without installation.

I try and click them, and for less than a second, an image bounces above the crossover icon, but then it stops.

I cannot find a solution.

Thanks for your help.

2. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Create a new bottle for the application to run in, then drop all the files into the bottle folder (user > library > application support > bottles), then in Crossover, programs > run command > app you want to run.

3. AndrewVenner thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, it's not working.

"The command...Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/winxp/drive_c/Program Files/ePSXe.exe" returned 53"

I used to have it working, but I had to reinstall leopard. Ever since then, I have been unable to open the programs.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Are you trying to run a DOS program, by any chance? Those don't work in a WinXP bottle, which is the default in CrossOver. You might want to give a Win98 bottle a try.

5. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

ePSXe is an emulator, a 53 error is DirectX I think, have you tried reinstalling crossover?