CrossOver and CrossOver Games

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Manu1250, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Manu1250 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I've been wondering for alot of time if there was a way to play windows games without having to use bootcamp, VM Ware, Parallels. Two days ago I found Crossover, so I installed it and I started to install some apps to see if they worked. They did, so I tried to use it to play the new NFS Shift demo. I installed it and went to start it. The window turned white and a message came up saying that it had encountered a serious problem and had to close the game. So I tried to use Crossover games but the same thing happened. I've been searching on internet to see if there was something I could but none helped. Can someone help me?

I appreciate all replies.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Here is list of supported applications and NFS: Shift seems not to be supported

3. Manu1250 thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically I can't play this game, do you know of any other program that may be able to run it???

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If Crossover can't do it, your best bet will be Boot Camp.

5. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Crossover isn't very good for games, the special games version is no better. Sometimes you'll run across something that works near perfectly, but chances are you'll be far better of just running Boot Camp.

6. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

From my experience Crossover can't do much with incompatible apps, unless they're small ones. I'd rather suggest a VM or BootCamp.

7. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

I never got cross over to work for me, so I installed a coppy of vista in a boot camp, solved my problems with games manly with emulators for snes and gba,

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Here is a suck butt answer but here it is anyways, support Mac Gaming. Get those games you want to play in Mac version if at all possible. More we do it the more we will get. If there isnt a Mac version shout it out at the top of your lungs.:D