Crossover Games Erros

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JoshOohAh, Sep 7, 2009.

1. JoshOohAh macrumors newbie

JoshOohAh

Hello. To start off I am using an intel based 13' Macbook Pro.

My friends and I want to buy a game called "Arma 2" which is on Steam. So I downloaded Crossover Games and followed the proper procedure creating steam in its own bottle.

After installing Steam I had a few errors in the store. The first is that I cannot scroll down. It is like wrestling to scroll down. If I hold it, it will go down and scrolls right back up the second I release my finger (sometimes I cannot even make it down before it starts shooting up). Luckily this was a minor error since I can edit my profile and download games in my browser as appose to steam. So the problem has been avoided but would still like a solution if at all possible

The next problem is MAJOR. Both my friend and I have this error [​IMG] . After it installs it comes up and says this. My friend has an intel based iMac so I know it's not just my computer. I have tried googling it but its not a common problem.

THANK YOU ANYONE WHO HELPS!

2. Keleko macrumors 68000

Crossover Games doesn't work with every game. It appears this is one that doesn't work. Crossover Games packages WINE to run Windows games on OSX. A quick Google search turned up this for your game:

http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=26946&sid=8c14d66be3d35402c423bb0bbf3da5f8

Your best bet for playing the game is use Bootcamp and install some version of Windows on a separate partition to play games.

3. JoshOohAh thread starter macrumors newbie

JoshOohAh

Thanks for the help but the guy in the thread had the same problem with Linux which still isn't solved. Thanks for the effort though.