Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eman360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Ok, i have crossover games so i don't use Boot Champ (it has a ton of problems) and i want to install F.E.A.R Combat. The installation works, i go to start the game, it shows me the first thing it shows me all the time when i play it, and then BOOM, it just closes:mad::mad:.
IDK what to do, plz i need some help

Parsec

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2007
N53 E004
Perhaps the game isn't supported by Crossover. Not everything works in Crossover. If you bought it, you could ask them for an answer.

Strange that you have problems using bootcamp. I've installed it on numerous systems for different people and have yet to get the first complaint! What are the problems that you are experiencing?

Eman360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
well one of them is that it keeps showing me a "disk reading error" ,so i copied from the CD i had and burned a new one but boot champ did not recognize it as a window CD although it was bootable

jparshall

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Ok, i have crossover games so i don't use Boot Champ (it has a ton of problems) and i want to install F.E.A.R Combat. The installation works, i go to start the game, it shows me the first thing it shows me all the time when i play it, and then BOOM, it just closes:mad::mad:.
IDK what to do, plz i need some help

Yeah, it may be that CrossOver just flat out won't run the game. That's not a supported title, I'm pretty sure. You can try some tricks when you install it, like installing it into different flavor bottles (Win95, Win98, XP, etc.), and see if any of them will run it. Some applications that have a browser component (dunno if this game does; probably not) also like to have IE installed in their bottle *before* they are installed. That's kind of the shortlist of tricks, though. After that, you have to get really fancy, and being the marketing guy here at CodeWeavers, "fancy" does not well-describe my level of technical moxie.

Best Wishes,

-jon parshall-
COO
http://www.codeweavers.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.