Crossover Games

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Pirson518, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Pirson518 macrumors newbie

I recently picked up a MBP and bought crossover games to run basic games like CSS and such and it seems to work. Is this the best way to run games on a mac or is there an easier more effective way to play windows games?

2. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

It honestly depends on which games you want to play, some work perfectly negating the need to boot into Windows, other don't work at all. Can you be specific about the games you want to run?

3. mongrol macrumors regular

XP with bootcamp. Crossover is a good effort but quite lacking in speed and stability.

4. Nerfherder88 macrumors newbie

Its better than it used to be

Crossover Games has improved over the past half year. Still has a few stability issues. Steam (one of the most popular applications used on crossover) tends to glitch every once in awhile; however, for the most part runs really well. Emulates Half-Life 2, CS:S, Gary's Mod pretty well. Left for Dead is a little taxing for Crossover. If your looking for games in the realm of source, Crossover will work just fine. If your going to play newer games I would suggest Windows XP on bootcamp.
    BTW: On Crossover I am running a 8600M GT with 4gigs RAM and a 2.4GHZ processor and play Half-Life 2 on full specs.

Bootcamp FPS / Graphics Intensive games 2008 and Newer. Example: Oblivion kills Crossover.