CrossOver help! CounterStrike

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by seven.z, Dec 11, 2008.

1. seven.z macrumors newbie

I have downloaded CrossOver and installed Condition Zero ..

Problem now is i cant play it as it requires a disc.. i put the disc in ..
    Tried to run thru the disc.. it doesnt work
    I tried using the Run Command.. it also does not work

How u guys manage to play Condition Zero Or Steam on ur mac?

Please help

Also i have diablo 2 which could not be installed even with Crossover?
    it has Classic something so i cant run the file

Any Gurus on this ??

Thanks in Advance =D

2. seven.z thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm i assume theres no way to run counter strike without parallel or vm or via bootcamp.. thanks anyway;)

3. Cboss macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure the only way to run Counter Strike is through Steam. I use it and it works fine.

4. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Go to the crossover forums at codeweavers.com

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

You should just be running Steam and I've seen it work right without many problems at all.

6. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

You can find versions of counterstrike condition zero and counterstrike source that do not require steam but then the number of servers you can access is limited somewhat.

Here is the website for non steam 1.6:http://www.fragbase.ca/

I have had counterstike source nonsteam running in crossover and it worked well.

But, I ditched the counterstrike games once I found Urban Terror. There is a Mac version of it so it requires no emulation/virtualization of windows. Plus I like certain elements of the gameplay better.

7. m1stake macrumors 68000

8. Joashcv macrumors newbie

I think the only way you can play is by using a crack:D

9. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

I wonder if using a No-CD crack would be illegal, after all, all it does is letting you play the genuine game without a CD.

10. Maury macrumors 6502

The #1 problem that CX has is DVD/CD hardware checks. Lots of games use hacks to directly address the drives to check for the disk, and these can't be emulated in CX.

The exact same game, running through Steam, will work fine. That's because it's DRM uses the 'net instead of the disk to check for legitimacy.

So use the Steam version.

Maury

11. Steffeg macrumors newbie

I manage to make CSzero run in single player but whenever I try to connect to our LAN game it freezes for some reason, anyone with an idea on why that happens?

Also, is there any way I can access the console without joining there? Maybe I could write down some commands there to help me access the LAN game right?

12. Jisuo macrumors 6502

Go to www.battle.net and register a battle.net account. Then register your diablo 2 cdkey and you will be able to download a carbon version of diablo 2 that will work.

You can do this with all your battle.net games (warcraft 3, starcraft, etc).

13. courboy macrumors regular

I believe if your problem is that you have the original CD of counterstrike, you can still run that through steam by installing it directly.

I had this problem originally with the old version of CS, but I purchased source through the steam platform directly this time.

You can run Steam through Crossover games just fine, you need to install a new bottle from scratch.

On another note, does anybody have a problem with their MB crashing at random points when playing games? I am about to get my logic board changed in the hope of resolving this issue but I don't believe that's the problem - try telling that to the people at the Genius bar though!!

14. Machinima macrumors newbie

No, theres lots of versions of Counter Strike, the steam version is just one, theres a standalone and a non Source version too. However trying to play Counter Strike through CrossOver isn't a good idea, all Windows games, should be played using Bootcamp for the time being. (unless you know how to use Cider Port). You can pick up a copy of XP dirt cheap now.

15. Sir SpemzR macrumors 6502

I play Condition Zero a lot, and i know a lot of people that play it through steam with cross over...u might be doing something wrong, have u tried looking for tutorials?

goodluck with your cz
    and if u connect online, take a few minutes and play here

66.150.188.158:27015
    or
    207.210.254.196:27016

im admin :)