Crossover Mac supports Corel Draw

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tropicink, Oct 31, 2011.

1. tropicink macrumors newbie

Ok, so hoping someone out there can help me!
    My goal is to download Corel Draw X5 on my Macbook (sorry love Adobe but cant afford Creative Suite) :(
    but l was told yesterday that instead of buying Parallel or using Bootcamp to download Windows 7, l can just bypass all of them by downloading Crossover Mac.I have read blogs about Crossover Mac but cant seem to find confirmation that Crossover Mac supports Corel Draw and that the full version will work.
    I just wish Corel would release a Mac version and all would be sweet.
    Do they realise how much business they are losing out on with the millions of mac users around the world. Very stupid move on their behalf :mad:
    With that being said, can someone give me an insight on whether Crossover Mac is the way to go or do l have to go the long way and buy Parallel & download Windows? :confused:

2. Writegrrl macrumors newbie

Writegrrl

Need to open a .cpt file (from Corel Draw) but now have a Mac

I'm feeling frustrated because I can't find any way to open an old Corel image file (.cpt) from when I had Corel Photo Paint in my old Windows laptop. I really need to open the file, but only have a Mac. I downloaded a free trial of Corel Painter for Mac, but it can't open the .cpt file. Apparently, only CorelDraw can open a .cpt file. I downloaded a free trial of CorelDraw (which was supposed to be for Mac) but it turned out to be a .exe app and can't open.

Is there anyone with CorelDraw on a Parallels Desktop who might want to do me a favor and simply open one .cpt file and save it as a .jpg or .png? It's the cover of a recipe book I made, and I need to access it.

Thanks very much. :)