CrossOver Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apersianboyCOM, Mar 10, 2009.

1. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

Does anyone have CrossOver Mac?

I don't really want to install windows and risk getting a virus on my Mac so was searching google and found it! If you do have it could you please tell me if its compatible with any windows program? can you install a downloaded program too or does it have to be on a disc?

BTW before you say it... I did a search and didn't find anything relevant.

2. MaTUC macrumors regular

I've recently bought CrossOver Pro, it's a nice piece of software ;) , I've got running Photoshop (which I think its better on Windows than on Mac) and some games ;)

Don't know If recommend it , because it's limited in quantity of software you can run , you can check the crossover compatibility on their website

3. bay2sacto macrumors member

I got CrossOver Pro shortly after buying my mbp in oct for free when Codeweavers was running a promotion/giveaway. To be honest I haven't used it much as I have a XP VM in Fusion and Bootcamp and don't have much need for Windows software. I have been meaning to try to install a few games to see how well it actually works.

4. apersianboyCOM thread starter macrumors 6502

can it run Jasc paint shop pro and animation shop?

5. Dreamkatcha macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

The source of your apps doesn't matter as long as you point CrossOver towards the installation file. It will even interpret discs designed to autorun under Windows.

I've just started using it. It works fine for a few simple freeware games despite being a bit CPU intensive on my Mac Mini - some I've installed from setup executables and some run 'out of the box' with a double-click.

What I really need it for though is to install Sage Instant Accounts v14 (essentially the same thing as Sage Line 50) and it doesn't seem to want to play ball so any tips would be much appreciated.