Crossover not detecting steam install file

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SlamuwellJaxson, Aug 3, 2009.

1. SlamuwellJaxson macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you have experienced Crossover not detecting the steaminstall.msi file? I've even tried selecting 'open with...' in firefox when downloading as someone suggested in another thread but it just opens up the crossover installer but steam still isnt listed. any thoughts? thanks in advance

2. SlamuwellJaxson thread starter macrumors newbie

3. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Have you tried downloading Steam directly from Crossover? It should automatically download and install it for you.

Also, which Crossover are you using: Pro or Games? Games comes with the integrated installer for Steam.

If you are using Pro, just install using the "Unsupported Install" option. It will install it, but not make any necessary changes to the bottle's config or download and install any other necessary files. To find out how to install those manually, go to Corssover's site and check the Compatibility listing. There is a tip section that will explain what you need to tweak to get the app running properly.

4. SlamuwellJaxson thread starter macrumors newbie

ohhh, ok. yeah i have Pro so that explains it. thanks alot!

5. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

NP. I was lucky enough to get a license for both Pro and Games so I've messed around with both. Glad to hear its working for you now.

6. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

CrossOver Mac Pro comes with CrossOver games. Why aren't you using it?