CrossOver Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Reel Big Austin, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Reel Big Austin macrumors newbie

Alright guys here is a little bit of a complex question (or at least I think it is)

I downloaded crossover because I wanted to use some windows programs like .exe

the program I want to use requires .NET Framework so I installed that.

However, in order to insteall .NET Framework I need to get internet explorer for windows. Microsoft Interent Explorer 5.01.

I went on this site http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/download-ie.aspx tried downloading internet explorer 8 and 7 but when I launch this comes up

"Extraction Failed. Newer Windows Version Needed"

Does anybody have any idea what to do?

Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

That's going to be a mess trying to get running if you even can. I'm going to suggest a virtual machine or Windows via Boot Camp.

3. Reel Big Austin thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried bootcamp, if I remember correctly it said I needed some type of installation disk to run properly, I don't have anything windows related though, same goes for a virtual machine. Unless you know of a way to get around this?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Buy a copy of Windows?

I like the concept of Crossover but it lacks compatibility.

5. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

it can run, but get ready to do a lot of terminal commands and troubleshooting

6. Reel Big Austin thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know that, I'm just saying that I don't have a copy of windows which is why I can't run bootcamp.