Crossover - Windows Movie Maker?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by brian9271, May 2, 2008.

1. brian9271 macrumors 6502

brian9271

Hi, I got Crossover recently, and somehow, when I downloaded Windows Movie Maker, it wouldn't open, because it was only for Windows Xp operating system, any ideas on how to bypass this??:confused:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Every Mac ships with iMovie. For the advanced consumer, Apple sells Final Cut Express. The video editor for professionals is Final Cut Pro. Perhaps, you have heard of these? If you have not, then it might interest you to learn that they are far superior to Windows Movie Maker.

It might also interest you to learn that Crossover is the clone of a subset of Windows APIs. This subset is sufficient to support a number of Windows applications. There is, however, absolutely no expectation that Crossover supports them all. If a particular application does not run, then there is precious little that anyone here can do about it. If you want to run WMM on your Mac, then you will need to run Windows on your Mac. You may install and run a legitimate copy of Windows via Parallels, VMWare, or Boot Camp.

3. brian9271 thread starter macrumors 6502

brian9271

Thanks, I may look further into this, also, I am having problems, with hypercam recorder, I can't seem to use F2 to stop or something, any help would be nice.