crown button feel

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AppleFan1179, Apr 30, 2015.

1. AppleFan1179 macrumors newbie

I have my SS watch, and I'm loving it. I am however, one of those button freaks. Every button should feel a certain way to me. Anyways, I'm just curious what everyone's crown button feels like...do you have a soft click or hard click when pushing the crown? It certainly doesn't feel anything like my contacts button, which is super clicky, almost like an iPhone power button.

Anyone care to chime in?

2. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

Contact button has a more prominent click than the crown, but the difference isn't that much.

3. ventmore, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015

ventmore macrumors 6502

If I haven't used the crown in a while, then the first click is soft, but each click after that is pretty close to that of the friends button.

I've just given the crown a wash as per the thread about sticky crowns, so I'll see if that stops the soft feeling of the first click.

Edit: I also find that both buttons click slightly differently if you press them off-centre.

4. AppleFan1179 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thank you! I'm curious what people think of the feel. At first I was disappointed it wasn't super firm and clicky, but now, after using it for a few hours, I'm realizing it might be too difficult to push if the button was too stiff.

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Both of the buttons on my Watch make an audible click, but they're not terribly stiff.