Crown question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Vegaspilot, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Vegaspilot macrumors regular

I have the SG sport 42mm watch. Everything is good on it, but I notice some definite wiggle in the crown. You can rock it/wiggle it slightly. Probably just manufacturing tolerances, but I was curious if anyone else has this. A silver sport had the same (maybe a little less) while a SS was pretty solid. Looked at some store displays and it was anywhere from loose feeling to solid. If yours has some play, does it bother you? Thanks!

2. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I have the 38mm SG sport. No wiggle on my end. However, a friend of mine thought his wiggled and he owned the sport. He called Apple Care and they replaced the watch. His new one is solid. So maybe try getting replaced if it bothers you.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There seems to be a normal variance. I'd be concerned only if it affects its operation or worse, the O-ring seal surfaces. Anything more than this is just being anal retentive about it.

4. lionsy macrumors 6502

My Watch's crown doesn't experience any wiggle, maybe take it in for them to look at? Don't want it falling apart as soon as it leaves the AppleCare period :p

5. Nacket macrumors member

Nacket

I had some wiggle in my SS 38mm's digital crown that would cause audible rattling whenever the haptic feedback went off. I took it in, they said that they hadn't heard of it before but replaced my watch nonetheless. It's definitely an issue with some watches but doesn't appear to be too common.