Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
I have a couple of ideas for a nice case-mod and I wonder if it is possible to connect a VGA CRT to the internal display connector of a white iBook 500mhz..?

possible, or do I have to use the external screen connector?

vSpacken

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
vniow, I guess that means two things:
- first, I can't use a CRT with the internal connector (and I could and would have to use the external/mirrored one for an CRT)..?
- second, I would be able to use a LCD/any LCD with the internal connector?

sorry, I just try to figure out what my options are before I start and waste a lot of money... :)

vSpacken

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Originally posted by vollspacken
vniow, I guess that means two things:
- first, I can't use a CRT with the internal connector (and I could and would have to use the external/mirrored one for an CRT)..?

Sounds about right. The only thing that the internal connector will connect to is an iBook display. Its basically a bundle of wires that carry the signal, converting it to an adapter would be a major pain.

- second, I would be able to use a LCD/any LCD with the internal connector?

Any LCD which has a VGA connector on it but you should be aware that it won't support anything higher than 1024x768 due to the firmware on the earlier iBooks but you should be set if you just plug one into the adapter.

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
ok, I see...

thanks for the answers, that's exactly what I wanted to know... hehe, let's see what I can fit in that little Mac SE case... ;)

thanks Vniow :)
vSpacken

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.