Crucial 4GB RAM for $156 + free shipping

orlando75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Here's how:

Go here

Search for "Crucial 112803"

You'll see a price of $87.99 (w/ free shipping) for the 2GB stick of RAM.

Purchase this with Google Checkout (setting up a new account) for $10 off.

You can setup as many new Google Checkouts as you want, just use a new email address each time.

Complete 2 orders for 2 sticks of RAM for a grand total of $156 out the door.

Buying directly from Crucial was $213 after tax.

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
OWC is selling 2gb sticks for 82.99. The price has been inching lower and lower. I am waiting patiently to upgrade mine to 3 gb in the near future. With Leopard, I don't really need more ram (thanks to apple for fixing that safari memory leak!) but I guess you can never have too much.

cvahl

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
Boston
I just purchased the medium Macbook yesterday, and I think it is awesome, but unfortunately sometimes it is really slow and Mail or Garageband freeze. I'm not quite sure if this is due to Leopard, to the RAM or to both. Do you think that 4GB would make a huge difference? Is there any program which shows how much RAM is in use?
And furthermore, would I probably get a similar deal in January or February, or is this one really special? I haven't watched the RAM prices in the last month, so I have no clue...

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
This is pretty much the same price, ($72 +$5 shipping) and, you dont need to sign up w/ google checkout and, you get a free 1gb stick.

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
OWC is selling 2gb sticks for 82.99. The price has been inching lower and lower. I am waiting patiently to upgrade mine to 3 gb in the near future. With Leopard, I don't really need more ram (thanks to apple for fixing that safari memory leak!) but I guess you can never have too much.
You can buy OWC 4GB kit for $159 minus they give $30 rebate for your original 2 x 1 GB from MacBook Pro. I've used the OWC memory and they were good and guaranteed to work. They also offer lifetime advance replacement for the memory if it fails.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/53IM2DDR4GBK/

Personally, I may wait til black Friday since it's around the corner, but I doubt 2 GB modules will be on sale

naraic

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Can a 32-bit operating system, like Leopard fully utilise 4Gb RAM though?
I think the max any 32-bit OS can use is 3.2GB...

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
You can buy OWC 4GB kit for $159 minus they give $30 rebate for your original 2 x 1 GB from MacBook Pro. I've used the OWC memory and they were good and guaranteed to work. They also offer lifetime advance replacement for the memory if it fails.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/53IM2DDR4GBK/

Personally, I may wait til black Friday since it's around the corner, but I doubt 2 GB modules will be on sale
I guess you're rich enough to give your 2x1gb sticks only for 30$!:eek:

I put them on the craigslist, sold each for $40.00 without any hassle.:cool:

IMDirt

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2007

Megatron

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2005
There were two links posted for memory upgrade from Newegg-

Each is made by Transcend and have the same specifications but different model numbers. Can I assume that either one would work in a new Mac book?

Thank You
That transcend memory for $62 on newegg is actually the jetram line - which is I think more of a budget line than the standard memory, which is $72 on newegg. You can cross-check the part numbers on the transcend website.

Transcend's website has the standard memory for cheaper ($67):

http://www.transcendusa.com

Question though - transcend's website has a "proprietary memory" option, and selecting apple and the appropriate macbook pro brings you to a 2GB stick with the same price as the "standard memory" option, but it has a different part number. Do you think these are actually different sticks or just marked differently?

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Just saw another good deal. Apple store: 4GB of ram upgrade for a cool $850!
(But only $700 for the Macbook Pro.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.