Crucial 8gb (4gbx2) RAM

AlpinePanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and apologizing in advance if this is the wrong place to ask a question.

But, I was wondering if I was able to get this RAM: http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-204-p...96&sr=1-1&keywords=crucial+8gb+kit+4gbx2+1066, for my MacBook Pro (attached is the info of my macbook; mid 2009)? I've heard there was an 1333 MHz and a 1066 MHz (which, I think, is for my model mac).

I was going to upgrade my RAM, so that I could upgrade to ML and eventually boot camp my macbook (for Windows 7), so that I could play Guild Wars 2 (Yes, I know we can play it on Mac, but I would need a i5 or i7 processor to play it and as you see, I have an Intel core 2 duo).

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Can I change my processor to an i5 or i7?

Attachments

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've got 2 x 4GB 1333MHz RAM in my mid 2009 MBP. Granted it's Corsair not Crucial, but it works fine.

Last edited:

AlpinePanda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Alright, thanks!

Oh, and when installing the new RAM, do I need to install anything or do anything else beside just simply installing it? Sorry I'm new to this whole "upgrading" thing.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I've got 2 x 8GB 1333MHz RAM in my mid 2009 MBP. Granted it's Corsair not Crucial, but it works fine.
How did you do that? Or do you mean two 4 GB modules and getting 8 GB in total, since 2009 models only support 8 GB RAM? If you indeed got 16 GB RAM working in that model, I will probably upgrade from 8 GB to that.

----------

Alright, thanks!

Oh, and when installing the new RAM, do I need to install anything or do anything else beside just simply installing it? Sorry I'm new to this whole "upgrading" thing.
Nothing else to install, just the RAM modules will suffice.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Alright, thanks!

Just swap out the RAM.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1270

----------

How did you do that? Or do you mean two 4 GB modules and getting 8 GB in total, since 2009 models only support 8 GB RAM? If you indeed got 16 GB RAM working in that model, I will probably upgrade from 8 GB to that.
Typo. I fixed it.