Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Last edited:

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Microcenter is a great store, thanks for the post. :) I happened to snag the same drive brand new on eBay for $318 total. But others will be happy you shared this, I haven't seen it previously posted.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Microcenter is a great store, thanks for the post. :) I happened to snag the same drive brand new on eBay for $318 total. But others will be happy you shared this, I haven't seen it previously posted.

$318 is great! I currently have a M4 256gb and am thinking about getting 512gb. I just can't decide on the M4 or Samsung 840 standard drive. I'll see what kind of deals I can find during Black Friday.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Why is this posted in the Macbook Pro part of the forum :rolleyes:

Is this the first thread you've seen in this forum about SSD's? Did you not notice the sticky that was created for SSD's in this forum? You only joined 2 months ago so maybe you've missed all the SSD threads. Do you not install SSD's in a MBP?

Last edited:

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Why are you saying this as if I were trolling you? No point in flaming me, it was just a simple question...

with the bold font and rolling eyes emoticon to boot that also detracts from the thread's purpose lol

seeing how most 2.5 ssd owners also own mbps these days and install these in their mbps, it is appropriate imo

or is there a ssd forum i am not aware of

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Why are you saying this as if I were trolling you? No point in flaming me, it was just a simple question...

Because you obviously put no thought into your post before posting it. Besides, I was just trying to help my fellow MBP users who already have or are thinking about upgrading their drive. You undermining my post didn't help the topic. Also with the holidays approaching you can expect to see many of these types of threads.

----------

LOL...No need to delete your post. I suggest you look up the definition of what a peripheral is and then report back. Perhaps this will guide you in the right direction....http://pc.net/helpcenter/answers/peripheral_device_examples

SantaRosa2.2

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Somewhere in Florida

I too got a great deal on a 512gb M4, I was lucky enough to find a new one on ebay for $309.99 shipped.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I too got a great deal on a 512gb M4, I was lucky enough to find a new one on ebay for $309.99 shipped.

eBay difinately has great deals, but I often wonder about the quality of products. I paid $200 about 5 months ago for my 256GB, another $110 now I could have gotten double the space :eek:

richnyc

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
NYC
Nice deal;)

I'm waiting for them to get close to $300 and then I'll bite... I just want to use it as a second drive for my data (music, photos) in the space of my my superdrive, so the superfast speeds aren't required;)

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
Thought I would post this, not sure if somebody already did. MicroCenter has the drive on sale with a $40 mail-in rebate. Comes to $350 for 512GB, great deal. The rebate comes on a prepaid card.

http://microcenter.com/product/3645...lid_State_Drive_(SSD)_with_Marvell_Controller

The Samsung 840 SSD is going for $380, however this is not the pro series.

http://microcenter.com/product/4026...ATA_60Gp-s_25_Internal_Solid_State_Drive_(SSD)

Thanks for the tip! I will go pick up me a m4!

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Yeah okay, 3 drives in 3 months in 3 different Macs. Sure, I'm unlucky, and there's actually a Jesus Christ. Sure. Got it.

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of good reviews of this drive. You also have to keep in mind that people are more likely to leave a bad review than a good review. The amount of happy owners would actually be quite a bit higher, while the amount of unhappy owners would only be a little higher.

Did you have drives affected by the 5000 hour firmware bug?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.