Crucial Memory Terrible :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by veo321, Jun 2, 2009.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

I took the system test and bought what the reccomended.I decided to buy 4GB RAM From Crucial Thinking since because of the great reviews it would be well great!!! Then It came so I installed it thinking it would have no problem since I followed the instructions I was terribly wrong I installed it and my macbook made a beeping noise because the memory gave it issues i reinstalled the memory 8 times to be exact the reinstalled the regular memory and it was fine I even tried using both at one time. After staying on hold with Crucial for an hour to return it I was hung up on. I give them 0 STARS and I do plan to get my money back, but does anyone know what the problem might be? :confused:
    ~Thanks

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

What specific macbook model do you have? Which year, etc. And what RAM did you buy (specs).

Maybe it was just bad RAM or maybe they gave you the wrong ones.

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    That's a huge blanket of a statement, you just made. :rolleyes:

Crucial is a respectable company, sounds like you just got a bad chip (or the wrong one).

I'm sure they will work with you, if its a defective part. I have never had any problems with Crucial.

4. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I've always used OWC, but I've seldom heard anything bad about Crucial, and they have solid a reputation for making good on any issues.

5. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

Early 2009 (Feb.) to be exact and I'm very dissapointed with crucial They told me that what I bought should have worked. It's probably but now I dont want to buy from crucial because its rediculous how poor there quality is if I was shipped 2 $65.99 defective chips the support was also terrible I will not be purchasing anything from Crucial anymore.

6. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

Thats why you buy from newegg order 4gb kit for my unimacbook worked like a charm.

7. Shawny D macrumors member

Shawny D

+1

I've gone with Crucial for RAM on both my Dell Dimension 2400 and my WhiteBook. No problems here.

Hopefully you can send it back and get an exchange.