"Crucial" memory

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hockeyislife91, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hockeyislife91 macrumors member

Dec 16, 2010
    Hey forums! I am looking to add my own RAM as apple's is just outrageously priced!

I've been shopping around and this RAM seems like the best deal (also considering I have a $20 amazon gift card)

Does anyone have experience with this brand (good or bad) and if so which one do you think is a better buy?
  2. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

Apr 7, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Crucial is a very reputable brand. I've had crucial memory in my MBP for 2 years now without a problem.
  3. KDMac'N macrumors newbie

Dec 14, 2010
    I just posted a thread about this and I actually did the same thing and purchased my 8gb of Crucial memory from Amazon since I had a $25 Gift Card as well. Two things to note:

1.) The shipping is done by Mail Innovations which means its orginally shipped by UPS or Fedex then to a transfer facility where it sits for 5 days or more then USPS decides to take it at which time you are looking at another week or more. I've ordered my memory about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I still have not received the memory!:mad: One good thing is since then the price has been consistantly going down. *You may want to spring for express shipping which you can use from the extra $5 you may recoup see note #2.

2.) Check J&R Music Site or call Amazon prior to the order and save yourself an extra $5 since the price is $74.99 on J&R Website.
  4. Hockeyislife91 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 16, 2010
    alright, I took the plunge and bought some! Thanks for the help!
  5. dime21 macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2010
    yes crucial is excellent memory. they also have outstanding telephone support and a great warranty. i buy from crucial even when other brands might be cheaper.
  6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Shropshire, UK
    Just to add another thumbs up for Crucial - I've used them extensively for the last 8 or 9 years and I've never a single problem with them: The memory is top notch, the delivery fast and the prices cheap :)