"Crucial" memory

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hockeyislife91, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hockeyislife91 macrumors member

Hey forums! I am looking to add my own RAM as apple's is just outrageously priced!

I've been shopping around and this RAM seems like the best deal (also considering I have a $20 amazon gift card)

Does anyone have experience with this brand (good or bad) and if so which one do you think is a better buy?

2. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Crucial is a very reputable brand. I've had crucial memory in my MBP for 2 years now without a problem.

3. KDMac'N macrumors newbie

I just posted a thread about this and I actually did the same thing and purchased my 8gb of Crucial memory from Amazon since I had a $25 Gift Card as well. Two things to note:

1.) The shipping is done by Mail Innovations which means its orginally shipped by UPS or Fedex then to a transfer facility where it sits for 5 days or more then USPS decides to take it at which time you are looking at another week or more. I've ordered my memory about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I still have not received the memory!:mad: One good thing is since then the price has been consistantly going down. *You may want to spring for express shipping which you can use from the extra $5 you may recoup see note #2.

2.) Check J&R Music Site or call Amazon prior to the order and save yourself an extra $5 since the price is $74.99 on J&R Website.
    http://www.jr.com/crucial/pe/CRT_8G51264BCK/

4. Hockeyislife91 thread starter macrumors member

alright, I took the plunge and bought some! Thanks for the help!

5. dime21 macrumors 6502

yes crucial is excellent memory. they also have outstanding telephone support and a great warranty. i buy from crucial even when other brands might be cheaper.

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Just to add another thumbs up for Crucial - I've used them extensively for the last 8 or 9 years and I've never a single problem with them: The memory is top notch, the delivery fast and the prices cheap :)