crucial ram - awesome price

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chris1184, Jul 8, 2011.

1. chris1184 macrumors regular

2. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

not too bad. but you probably missed the thread last week for Kingston and GSkill rams. They were going for $100 for 16G. I picked up a set of GSKILL. Works well with my 2011 iMac.

3. chris1184 thread starter macrumors regular

to be honest i think 8gb is more than enough...i mostly do some garageband recording (pretty soon moving to logic) and just basic computing...plus when lion comes around the 8gb will blaze with it as well

4. Dresevski macrumors 6502

Point being that for $20 more during that deal you could get an extra 8GB, so why not? 8GB is definitely fine for almost everyone now but why not spend a little more and max it out? I went with 12GB because the kit wasn't too expensive and in the future I knew I would want to get the gigs up there.

5. chris1184 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i missed out on that one....that's alright i can always purchase more in the future and get it up there...i wont be upgrading anything else...what i really think will be cool is if in the future we can get external gpu's that plug in through the thunderbolt ports like i saw people talking about here on the boards as well as that new laptop sony came out with that does it

6. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Newegg is running specials of 2X4Gb for 50. Just sign up for their newletter and it will come around (like it did on July 4th)