Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
I know how many RAM threads get started around here, and i know people get somewhat annoyed by them ... but i have a question.

I've been checking the prices on Crucial for 2x 1gb pair for my MBP for a while, just seeing what the trends are. They started at ~£200 ... today it's £86.

Is this trend going to continue? Or is this just a dip before a rise? I'm so tempted to buy now even though im short of cash ... especially if it will save me money in the long run.

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
No one's for sure about RAM prices. I'd buy it now considering it might skyrocket soon...

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
Kingston-Upon-Thames
I don't know if they still do, but Crucial certainly used to use dynamic pricing on their website, meaning the prices would change based on your browsing patterns, which could be an explanation for the movement you are seeing.

More discussion about this here.

southpaw17

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2007
I just pulled the trigger on 2 gb of crucial today on their site. I got it direct from them for $130, I don't care how they price, but I feel like I got a good deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.