Crucial SSD in a Pre-unibody White MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by myrtlebee, Nov 2, 2011.

1. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Has anyone had any experience using a Crucial SSD in a Pre-Unibody White MacBook?

My current HD has been making some unpleasant noises and I simply don't feel secure with it, so I just purchased the following SSD with the data transfer kit for my mid-2009 White MacBook:

http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=FAD71C25A5CA7304

Has anyone used their data-transfer kit? Basically, I would follow the instructions, let it copy my current HD onto the SSD.... I pop out the old HD and pop in the new SSD and turn it on as if nothing ever happened?

I'm curious to hear from anyone who has done this and how the SSD has held up. Thanks!

2. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

I don't know anything about Crucial's data transfer kit, but I've used CarbonCopyCloner (free) many, many times to copy my current boot drive to a new hard drive. Then I swap drives and the computer never notices a difference.

3. myrtlebee thread starter macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Thank you. Hopefully it won't be a problem- supposed to arrive on Monday. I can't believe this thread has 350 views and one response. Obviously, people know the topic before they click, so why click if they have no thoughts on the topic? I find that strange.

4. dtjay7 macrumors regular

I have a replacement Crucial M4 coming soon which will be going in the new-to-me Macbook Mid-2007. The drive failed in another computer and I had to send it in and I got a new one to replace it in the machine it was in. So, while I don't know now, I will soon.