Crucial (UK) FB-DIMM price reduction

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Gonk42, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Gonk42 macrumors 6502

Crucial UK are gradually reducing their rather inflated prices.

Their 4GB kit is now £211 including VAT. It was £336 when it first came out and then dropped slightly to £272.

It still has a way to go to match OWC (which is around £150 inc import/VAT I think) but it is getting closer.

This may be of interest to UK people who don't want to import (ie me - though from what people have posted, importing is pretty painless except if you need to return the RAM as faulty).

2. StumpJumper macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I received my Mac Pro last week and I'm currently looking for the best place to buy RAM. I honestly thought 2Gb would get me by for a while but Illustrator & Photoshop (CS2) aren't happy at all!

Will almost certainly take a chance on ordering from OWC. As much as I like Crucial, I think it's disgusting how they drastically inflate their RAM prices just because they believe Mac owners have money to burn!

3. Ged' macrumors newbie

I have noticed that KRCS are selling mac pro RAM for a very reasonable £50 per gig. Sadly there are no pictures on their site so it is hard to tell whether the heatsinks are suitable. They are an official apple reseller though and the RAM is listed as compatible.

4. illustratorDavi macrumors 6502

Last year when I bought some RAM. Dabs.com were selling Crucial RAM with prices about 15% less.

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Kingston's KTA-MP800K2/4G (2x2GB kit) or KTA-MP800K2/2G (2x1GB kit) should be cheaper.

Here in Denmark the 4GB kit is listed for £166 and 2GB for £81 inc. 25% VAT.

6. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Yea RAM prices seem to be dropping all over every few weeks. OWC is now $189.99 USD for 4GB.

7. MacAtaq macrumors newbie

MemoryAmerica.com at 175.99 per 4GB. Guess its as they say, good things come to those that wait :rolleyes::apple: