Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Hey, I was wonder what everyones experience was ordering memory from crucial. On Friday afternoon I ordered a gig for my new Tibook and I was wondering when I would have it in my hands. I have been checking the order status all weekend and it still says In Progress. I checked the FAQ on ordering and it says that most orders odered on Friday after noon won't be shipped until Tuesday. So, anyone here ordered memory from Crucial on a friday when did you see you memory??

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Cant help you with the friday thing, although I used crucial exclusively in my PCs; good stuff, they stand behind it, and usually I had it by next day.

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Yeah, they said weekend orders are kinda a grey area on the site. And since I ordered it after noon on friday then it was considered a weekend order i guess.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Not sure about the Friday thing either, but I ordered my RAM from them, got shipped promptly, and I am enjoying it in my iBook.

Their customer service is excellent though, I had a question about taxes and they answered it to my satisfaction.

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Update

A little update. It still said "In Progress" today so I called customer service as soon as I got home. They said that the status doesn't change untill FedEx actualy scans it. So my order should go out tonight and I should be playing with my new RAM this time tomorrow!

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I've ordered from Crucial, and have nothing but positive things to say about them. Great prices, fast shipping, and everything worked as promised.

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
another update

Just checked my status again. My memory has just been shipped! I can't wait for it to get here! Tomorrow is gonna be a long day until I recieve it...

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Its coming, its coming

FedEx has finally got the status of my package! I'm sorry, I can't stop, this is my first Mac memory purchase! So excited!:D

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 389

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
Crucial makes a good product and stands behind it. Heres my story from last week. I ordered a stick of 256 DDR 2700 for my MDD tower, UPS missdelivered it and issued there trace that would be up to 8 days before they would give me a refund. Crucial waited a day and sent me a new stick of ram right away out of their own pockets. Well 4 days later i found out the ram had been delivered to a linen shop 3 doors down. I went and got the ram, i had already been delivered new ram from crucial. They let me keep both sticks. Thats service.

TheWitePony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Its here!!

Just got home and installed my new ram! Its workin good, nice job Crucial!!

judith

macrumors regular
Two Thumbs Way Up!

I've ordered from Crucial on many occaisions. They ship fast, good quality RAM, never had a problem on either platform. I don't remember if they guarantee next-day, but I've always received the very next day! Awesome!

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
Originally posted by kaltsasa
Crucial makes a good product and stands behind it. Heres my story from last week. I ordered a stick of 256 DDR 2700 for my MDD tower, UPS missdelivered it and issued there trace that would be up to 8 days before they would give me a refund. Crucial waited a day and sent me a new stick of ram right away out of their own pockets. Well 4 days later i found out the ram had been delivered to a linen shop 3 doors down. I went and got the ram, i had already been delivered new ram from crucial. They let me keep both sticks. Thats service.

dang dude, i shoudl try that some time :)
(except i haven't once had a package get delivered else where)

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Crucial are great. Excellent product, inexpensive and great service. Over here their online sales are about the same price as generic RAM. They don't charge shipping here and I've had stuff arrive next day.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
This is a bit redundant, but they have served me well also. Quick, easy to find which ram you need, and they seem to update very quickly after an Apple update. Great prices too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.