Crumpler Bag Advice/Help required

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mr.Noisy, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Hi, I'm looking for a Crumpler or Crumpler style bag for walking,
    it's to house a D300 with 17-55mm lens on it, plus 4 memory cards, spare battery, lens pen and a few lens clothes.

At the moment i'm using a big lowepro bag that also holds 2 other lenses, tools, mini tripod and a few other bits & bobs that all add up in weight (I recently got fed up with the weight when I was out hill walking) I will be using the big bag for carrying all my gear in the car boot, but once at the locations I want a smaller more comfortable bag for the basics plus camera and lens, I'd like some input from users of Crumplers/Crumpler style bags with same sized camera/lens combo, any advice or tips on bags greatly appreciated ;)

2. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I've got the Tenba Small Messenger. It's got room for a camera and an extra lens, and accessories. It's also got a zipper on the flap, so you can access the camera without having to open the flap itself.

3. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I've also been looking for a camera bag and that Tenba one seems very nice. I like the messenger bag styling, as opposed to alot of camera bags which look either like purses or big clunky lunch-box looking things.

4. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

I have a Crumpler bag which I find great for walking and travelling; I don't know its name, but basically it has space for SLR with attached lens plus either 2 more lenses or lens plus big flash all in the bottom padded section (plus small pocket for memory cards etc.) AND a reasonable sized section above for jacket/lunch/water/etc.

Might be worth considering.

5. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Messenger-style bags are just not ergonomic. If it's comfort you want, use a backpack, which will distribute the weight evenly on your body--and don't load the thing up too much. I have a rather large camera backpack, but I usually don't pack it to capacity. The essentials go in the backpack, and the rest stays behind.

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I was split between the Tenba and a Crumpler and wound up going with the Crumpler Seven Million Dollar Home. It was at a good price and had room for the future. It's good for transport/travel and OK for walking. Now that I have a bike, I'm looking at backpacks.

Dale

7. Mr.Noisy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Thanks for all the input, ive got my eye on the the Crumpler muffin top 4000,
    got to have a look at it again, seems ideal, camera with lens plus space for a few bits, just the kind of thing i need, all the other gear will be in a big bag locked in the car boot ;) thanks again

8. walindour macrumors member

I own the Crumpler whickey and cox backpack. Two of them actually - a medium and large size. I was content with the medium bag until I took a trip to West Africa and wanted to haul a few more lenses. So I upgraded to the largest bag and it gets really heavy. Obviously. I do like these bags and think they are fairly comfortable. There is a removable laptop sleeve. I am planning on selling the medium bag because I don't need two of them but I am not completely sold on comfort. I love the fact that they don't scream backpack but they aren't perfect solutions. I looked at the million dollar home bags but they seem so overly padded that there isn't a ton of room left for gear. Or they are too bulky if large enough for 4 lenses and slr body and computer. With that much weight a backpack seems like a better option.

Cheers!

9. HBOC macrumors 68020

I bought the Crumpler 5MDH for my 1Ds + 50mm and 24mm, but it would barely fit my 1Ds. I do like the Crumplers quite a bit, and have had no problems with LowePro.