(Crumpler) sleeves for new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macrem, Nov 2, 2008.

1. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I have a 15" Crumpler sleeve originally purchased for a 15" PowerBook. The MBP Classic, which is 15.4", just barely fit in it. I don't think my new UMBP (ordered online) will fit. While screen size is the same, the UMBP is wider than the MBP Classic.

Could anyone pls. comment how well the new 15" UMBP fits in 15.4" (Crumpler) sleeves originally designed before the new UMBPs or whether there will be a new size for new UMBPs?

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Crumpler take ages to update their products.

What type are you looking for? the hard type or just like material?

I went in looking for a crumpler hard sleeve (because have one for my MB and love it) for my new UMBP and the guys said it will def not fit. Have to wait until they make a new sleeve.

3. macrem thread starter macrumors 65816

macrem

Yeah, there's no wiggle room with the hard sleeves like the soft pouches.

I just need a pouche. When traveling, I put it into a laptop bag. I got an Ugly Divorce (the laptop bag, that is...).

I'm looking for a Gimp (the pouche, that is...) or similar & have just read that the new UMPBs will fit in the 15" W case, but would rather wait a little if there will be new designs for the UMBP.

I like my old 15" (not W) Gimp as its black with orange threads matching with my Ugly Divorce.

There are currently few color options with the 15" W Gimps (brown, silver or red -- no black). In the absence of more choices, I might get the black Sir Gimp.