Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

primusrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
East Lansing
Iv been looking for a soft shell in addition to a bag for my new MBP and i have been looking mainly between the Crumpler Soft shell and the Incase Neoprene soft case. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight on which one was the better of the two. Ps im thinking about getting the Dreadful Embarrassment as my main bag and i was also hoping that people could tell me if this was a good bag and that if i had my computer in the neoprene that it would be able to still fit into the bag. Thanks a bunch.

dingmah

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2006
AB
I use my 15" Incase case with the Speck SeeThru, it fits perfectly. Without the SeeThru case on my MBP, I wouldn't use the Incase on it's own, because the Incase is not a snug fit.

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
The Incase doesn't fit snugly on the new MBP's... unless they recently changed them, but they are a little too big the short ways by almost an inch.

iAussie

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2006
I use a foof bag for my MacBook, they're made specifically for Mac portables, so you can get one that'll fit your MBP perfectly. I haven't used any of the other sleeves mentioned, but I'm very happy with mine, its great for stopping scratches as well as the occasional light bump.

I've actually got the Considerable Embarassment from Crumpler (its one size smaller than the Dreadful Embarassment I think), its a really good quality bag, I've had mine about a year and it still looks new. In terms of sizes, I've got a MacBook (so 13") which I put in the foof bag sleeve, and it fits into the laptop section of the Considerable Embarassment (which is designed for a 15" I think). So I'd say if you've got a 15" MBP and a sleeve that's not too thick, it should fit in the Dreadful Embarassment (since its made for 17")

Hope that helps!

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Yeah, the current inCase sleeves do not provide a snug fit on the MBP. It's still a very loose fit.

roker

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2007
New Zealand
I bought a brown Crumpler 15" Medium Skivvy this afternoon, & it is fantastic!! I can fit in it, my MBP, its enormous Magsafe, my 3.5" external hdd, its power adapter, & my mighty mouse.

I love it :D:D

PS; It fits quite nicely, but I can also fit it in my STM Sleeve inside this bag, which makes it fit even more snug'n'safe but with that I can only fit in the magsafe in the front pocket

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I have 2 "sleeves" for my Macbook. A Crumpler School Hymn and an STM Glove. The glove is great when I want to carry my Macbook around and need a lot of space as it's a really tight fit, but for the times when I don't mind about space and need a lot of protection, the Crumpler is very good.

mylo

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2006
charleston, sc
The dreadful embarassment is great, but just kind of on the large side if you're not carrying your laptop. I use it as my main bag for books, traveling, etc. I don't think you could fit your 'top in there with a sleeve, though. mine is a pretty tight fit in the sleeve that's sewn in the bag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.