crunchy clicking?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marble157, May 17, 2010.

1. marble157 macrumors newbie

i've had my mbp for a couple weeks now and every once in awhile the left click on my trackpad will seem crunchy. i don't know how else to describe it, its just not the normal clicking. it never seems to happen on the right side. it feels like there's something underneath it. anyone else have this problem?

2. lordofuo macrumors regular

You haven't, by chance, been eating anything crumby while on it? Maybe some really small crumbs got between the gaps of the body and the trackpad and has worked its way down. :confused:

...Or maybe not. :p

Don't know. Has it always been like that, or has it just started doing it recently?

Alex :apple:

3. marble157 thread starter macrumors newbie

no im still in the protect it with my life stage, i haven't even thought about eating next to it. it's been like that since i got it

4. oyebto macrumors regular

does it only occur in some areas? my old white macbook has that crunchy feel onli in air conditoned areas.:p

5. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

does it sound like glass rubbing together?

6. pdubak macrumors member

Well if it's been like that since you got it take it in. Sooner the better.

There are a bunch of small screws under that trackpad that hold it in correctly. It probably just needs to be removed and reseated. You can't attempt to do it yourself as it's under the battery which needs a security screw to remove. Service providers have the security screwdriver.

7. marble157 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i'm leaving for vacation on thursday and i need to be able to take it with me, i'll probably take it in when i get back.