OS X Crusader Kings II on Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by dammerl, Oct 22, 2013.

1. dammerl, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

dammerl macrumors regular

dammerl

There is a thread from 2012 (http://j.mp/1bRZHMl) that reports non-playability and/or heavy issues on low-end Macs due to (supposedly) non-up-to-date drivers of pre-Mountain-Lion systems or a bad Mac port of the game.

My Mac Mini 2012 has Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 768MB/1412MB VRAM, Intel Core i7, 2.6GHz with 16GB RAM. OpenGL version 3.2 (core), 2.1 (compatibility)

Does anyone have played a current version of this game (Mac version) successfully (= playable on low settings) under Mountain Lion or Mavericks on a Mac Mini 2012 or a similar machine (e.g. MacBook Air)?

Does anyone have experiences with this game as PC version under Parallels or VMWareFusion on a virtual disk (not a “physical” bootcamp partition)?

--
    Edited: Just installed Mavericks and OpenGL (core) is now at version 4.1 !

2. ZolakJHS macrumors member

I played CKII on a 2011 Mac Mini (with discrete graphics card) and didn't have any issues with it running. This was either late last year or early this year.
    I didn't play it too much though because I could never really figure out what to do :confused:
    I even got the GoT mod up and running with it without any performance issues.