Crushed iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bo66ie, Aug 30, 2013.

1. bo66ie macrumors newbie

Hi, totally new here but am hoping somebody will be able to help me. My iphone was run over by a car today and completely crushed. If I connect it to my laptop there is nothing. I don't care about anything that is on there apart from some photos and films from the last week or so - especially the ones of my baby crawling for the first time - does anybody know how to get the chip or memory card or whatever is in there and download them somehow? Or who would be able to do this for me? Apple have said that unless I had them backed up on icloud then I can't get them. I didn't so is this true? Please help! Thanks.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Data recovery firms maybe able to acsess the data for you. Doubt it will be cheap though.
    The lesson to learn us always back up (preferbaly in 2 places). A Mac and the cloud would be the way to go in the future.

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

you can't access them if the phone's broken. Turn on iCloud and photostream with your new phone, it's free.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

You probably can't recover that video unless -- as fanboy said -- you send it to a data recovery company. Were you actually there when your baby crawled? If so, at least you've got the memory. Be sure to back up your files when your baby walks for the first time -- and remember that storing your iPhone under car wheels is not ideal. :)