Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamrawr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
New Jersey
anyone have any experience with crysis 2 with the 330m cards? what's the best graphical performance you can get without fps dipping lower than 30? is it more optimized than the first crysis? thank you. i wanna know if i should get the pc version or the ps3 version.

i feel that the ps3 will give better performance... but via computer will give me portability and better control... :confused: help me pick XD thanks!

voyagerd

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2002
Rancho Cordova, CA
From looking at the demo, it seems more like a console port. It doesn't have DX10 or DX11 yet(which will be released in a patch supposedly) so it will probably run better than the original Crysis. Try the free demo to see how it runs first. The full game might run better than the pre-release demo, though single player doesn't always run as well as multiplayer. I played the original Crysis on my Early 2008 MBP with the 8600M GT at medium to low settings. I've only played the Crysis demo on my hackintosh.

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
The demo has closed down. Don't waste time downloading it since there are no servers to play on. You won't be able to test gameplay.

Why they thought a timed DEMO (not a beta . . .) was a good idea I'll never know. I wonder how many people will download the several gigs of the demo and not realize they can't actually test out the game?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.