Crysis 2

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Ace134blue, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

What do you think it will be like? I know your going to be nomad but what do you think the story will be on? Think there is going to be increased visuals?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Chances are no, the graphics won't be much increased from before. I'm guessing they're going to be using the Crytek Engine 3 which is just a much more effecient version of the Crytek Engine 2 (the Crysis one). They said their next engine (4) will be a major graphical update. From the trailer it looks like we're getting some engine updates like weather. You can see the reflection of trees blowing in what could be a hurricane in the shards of glass floating around.
    So think of this as a Snow Leopard to Leopard :D

But yea I can't wait. What really pulled me into Crysis was the story presentation, which is probably why I didn't like Warhead as much. Experiencing it all first time was kinda brilliant. And chances are it'll take place right where Crysis ends (where it shouldn't have ended, grah! cliffhangers :mad:) but this time hopefully the boss fight isn't terrible.

3. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Yeah, the nanosuit trailer is awesome..

4. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

The lighting was vastly improved from what I saw as well as the textures. They have a video of the Cry Engine 3.0 on IGN.com. It's of the consoles and PC.